Tuesday 2 April 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation | Review

Long time no speak...

I haven't posted in a long time, and there are a few reasons for this.  Mostly, because I simply didn't enjoy writing any more, and so I didn't want to feel like I had to force myself to sit down and write a post.  So I took a break.

But, I am now back, and I am going to try and post as often as I can.

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation:
Price: £8.99 (in Boots)
Coverage: Light/Medium. Buildable.
Description: Makeup up so refreshingly light, it melts right in, creating a fresh, even look. So the only one that knows you are wearing makeup is you.  Blends seamlessly, buildable coverage.



I picked this foundation up a couple of days ago, and I have worn it for a couple of days now and I am really starting to like it.  So I thought I would do a little review for you all.

Before the foundation

I have a few blemishes and redness around my nose, cheeks and chin.  Before I applied the foundation I didn't apply anything apart from Simple's Light Moisturiser.  


I used my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply the foundation.  I worked it in circular motions and buffed in the foundation to make sure there were no streaks.

I noticed that it took me quite a while to work all the foundation in because it is quite liquidy that I needed to blend and buff for a while.


After, I really loved the coverage as it covered up my blemishes almost completely, and covered up the redness so that it looked like a natural flush in my cheeks.  

Overall, I liked the foundation and as the day went on, it stayed well and seemed to look even more natural as it gradually sunk into my skin.  

Finally:
Price: Very good considering the brand of Revlon
Packaging: I like the glass bottle because it makes me think that it is expensive.  However, the screw of the top of the bottle feels unstable and not very well made.  
Lasting Power: Felt better on my skin the longer it was on.  Stayed for the whole day, while I was travelling too.  
Finish on the skin:  Dewy looking, however because I have oily skin I applied a mattifying powder.  It felt very lightweight on my skin and didn't cake up, except a tiny bit on my eyebrows and right in between them.  
Overall: Love this foundation! Price is great and finish and coverage is excellent! 



No comments: