Saturday 13 October 2012

MAC's Kohl Eyeliners | Review


Hello, friends.  Over the past year or so, I have managed to collect a few MAC Kohl eyeliners.  The ones I own are: Smoulder (I actually have two), Teddy, Minted and Pale Yellow.  I know I don't have all that many compared to some people, but I don't have tons of money to go out and buy lots of MAC's eyeliners.

Most of these I got as gifts, or was given them in some form or another.  Minted and Pale Yellow, my sister gave me.  I begged her and begged her and persuaded her to give them to me :) and eventually she did.  To be fair, she never ever used them so it wasn't like I was taking her favourite thing away from her.

Smoulder and Teddy, I bought off ebay.co.uk, and so if I'm perfectly honest, I don't know if they are definitely MAC or some knock-off thingy, but I have another Smoulder which I got in a goody bag, from when I went to this makeup day, and they are both the same as far as I can tell.

These eyeshadows are very pigmented and they are very soft to apply to the eyes.  I love all the colours that I have.

Smoulder:  is an awesome black colour, very dark and looks great on the lash line, waterline etc.

Teddy: is less pigmented, but then again it is a browny colour, and those colours are never as pigmented and the blacks.  But it is very pigmented on the lid, just not so much on the waterline.

Minted: this colour is so unique! I can't describe how amazing is it.  It is so pigmented and even though it is green, on the waterline or even a line on the top lashline, it really gives your eyes something special.  It makes them pop.  And if you pair this eyeliner with a nude lip, you can really have a stunning day time look, if your going shopping or out for brunch or something.

Pale Yellow: This colour is great for putting in the inner corner and bottom waterline.  It helps brighten up the eye and make your eyes look bigger.  If you are going for a smokey eye, I would recommend wearing black or whatever smokey eye colour you are going for (say blue or purple), on your lower lash line, then put pale yellow on your lower waterline.  It looks gorgeous.

So I would definitely recommend these eyeliners, if you have the money to splurge on them.  I mean at a hefty price of £14, it is quite a lot for an eyeliner.  But ya know, they are very, very good.  If you want to look through their colour range and maybe purchase some of your own, you can click here.  Every single colour I have, I would say go out and buy.  But if I had to choose one, I would choose Minted, because you can get a black, brown, white, anywhere, but this colour is so unique, which is why I love it so much!

Have a fabulous day, where ever you are,

Annabel

No comments: