Saturday 7 July 2012

Favourite Beauty Products of June

Hey everyone, today I was looking through all my makeup and hair products and thought 'I have used a lot of different products this month, maybe I should do a monthly favourites for you.' So here I am.

The month of June has been an off and on month of summer.  What I mean by that is that the weather has been sunny,  then rainy, then stormy, then like a heat wave again.  Its all very retarded and messed up.  But that's english weather for you! So I have used some summer colours and then some winters colours for both cheeks and lips, I have also been having my hair curly a lot recently because I really love that look for summer, it just gives a nice boho, relaxed, laid back style - which I like for summer.

I am going to stop rambling and get into what my favourite beauty products have been this month (with a few random items as well)

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pads (£5.39)

This is my first favourite for the month of June.  So basically the story behind this product is - I had it ages ago when I was younger and when I first started getting into beauty and makeup and I thought it would be good to start off with (it wasn't very expensive and at the time lots of magazines were raving about it).  And then this month I have been traveling a lot and seeing family and so I wanted an easy cleanser to take with me, also I have been REALLY lazy with my skincare routine, and so I remembered these pads and went to the shops to get them. These pads are awesome and have no hassle, you just take your makeup off then take a pad wipe it across your face and it removes any excess dirt or makeup you have left on your skin.  

And so to sum it all off, I have been loving these pads, I actually think they have really helped my skin aswell and are so easy to just wipe over your face and your done. Simples. 


Label M - Sea Salt Spray (£12.25)

This product is a spray which gives "texturised volume for loose, natural, tousled waves" and it does just what it says on the tin.  This spray is really nice for the summer and it can help give your natural hair a little bit of ommph! After your shower or even once getting out of the sea (if your at the beach), when your hair is still damp spray a little bit of this throughout your hair and then let it air dry while scrunching little sections every now and again, and it can really give just natural loose waves.  

It is a bit pricer than other sea salt spray however, I do really like it but I might try other sea salt sprays and get back to you as to whether they are just as good - or that the Label M one is worth the money. 

Real Techniques Stippling Brush (£11.99)

This brush I got from boots, however I know for a fact that you can get it for £10.99 online.  This brush I have heard so many people rave about it and talk about it so much, and it is meant to be amazing.  However, I did think it was a bit pricey seeing as I already had a brush that was quite similar to this (Elf powder brush), but the other week I decided to take the plunge! 

This brush is amazing! I use this brush for foundation and concealer and I'm not even kidding I have never had such a nice finish on my skin from my foundation.  This is quite a dense brush but is super super soft and so nice on the skin.  It blends the foundation right into your skin and gives it an airbrush effect.  Although it is more expensive than your everyday brush it is definitely worth the money, also if you really look after it it will last you forever and you will get your moneys worth in no time.  

Okay I could talk about this brush for ages, which you could say is kinda sad as it is just a makeup brush, but I love it! Okay, I'll stop talking now. 

Bio-Oil (£8.99)

This product many of you would have already heard of before, its a product lots of people use on an everyday basis to get rid of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, ageing skin etc.  However, I am new to the oil but it has already made a big impact on my skin.  I started using this oil to help get rid of some scars on my skin.  I use to get a lot of spots, I didn't have acne but I have scars left on my skin from them (I was naughty and used to pick them - dont do it!).  Foundation covers them up however I would like to be able to go out without foundation on and feel comfortable, so I have started to put the oil on my skin after I do my nightime skincare routine, and I have already seen a difference even though I've only been using it for about 2 weeks.  I also have a scar on my left knee.  I was on an athletics trip with my school and while doing hurdles I fell over pretty bad, dont laugh, and have been left with a nasty circular scar.  I don't really mind it although when I do sport, which is a lot of the time, it goes all red and really stands out.  I feel quite uncomfortable and embarrassed and so this oil is really helping me get rid of it.  

Gold by Giles Lip Gloss (£1.99)

Already you would've noticed the price, yes this lip gloss is only £2! This is what originally made me buy this lip gloss, I thought its a nice colour and its so cheap - why not? This lip gloss you can get from new look and the colour I have is 'shock' its a really pretty coral colour which is perfect for summer.  Its not the most pigmented lip gloss I have ever used but what I was so surprised about this lip gloss is that the consistency is amazing! Its really nice and smooth to apply to the lips and also its not sticky whatsoever! I really love this lip gloss and I have been wearing it almost everyday for the month of June.  

That is all my beauty favourites for the month of June, however, I do have a couple of non-beauty favourites.  This month I have loved the song Payphone by Maroon 5, I love the lyrics and I just think its a really nice catchy tune.  Also a youtuber I have loved is Zoella280390, she also has a blog on here and she has really good videos about beauty, fashion etc. 

Sorry for rambling on, and sorry if I bored you, however you probably wouldn't be reading this right now if I bored you, you would've stop ages ago, hahaa anywho.  I'll talk to you soon.

Comment on what your favourite products were, I'd love to find out!

A xx







No comments: