Tuesday 22 December 2015

Day 24: Warm, Glowy Christmas Makeup

Hello Everyone,

So its CHRISTMAS EVE, can you believe it? I bloody well can't! As if it has been a whole year since last christmas??? Where the hell does the time go? I surely don't know.  But it has come and tomorrow we will all be with our families opening presents and giving presents (which I know sounds cheesy, but I love that just as much! I love seeing whether they love the gift just as much as I thought they would.)

But I thought a nice Christmas Eve post, would be a gorgeous festive makeup tutorial, but a much more intense look than my previous one.  This has a warm, glow to it, with some festive cranberry colours which I think are gorgeous for this time of year.  However, I would wear this all year round :)





I was watching KathleenLights on youtube, who is one of my absolute favourite youtubers! I love her videos and she is amazing at makeup.  But anyway I was inspired to do some warm type of makeup, and then my Real Techniques Sponge came through in the post and it was fate! I wanted to try out the sponge, and was super bored so did my makeup too.

I didn't plan on putting this makeup up as a tutorial and so I didn't take pictures of each step, but if anyone would like an actual step by step tutorial, let me know in the comments :) I am planning on doing these, however, my camera seems to struggle with close close up pictures, of say just my eye.  And without those pictures I feel step by step tutorial seem a bit pointless.  But I am going to continue trying to sit down with my camera and really figure it out, its a bit of a conundrum at the moment and I am struggling... But anyway lets get into the look... :) Oh and excuse the mess in my room... Revision was hectic at this point.

I'm not going to do a step by step of the face etc... I am just going to list what products I used.

Face: 

  • Nivea for Men Post Shave Balm as Primer. 
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in shade 52 (using the Real Techniques Sponge)
  • Set using MUA Setting Powder 
  • Hoola Bronzer for contour
  • Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba 
  • Revolution Highlight in 
  • Also my eyebrows are Benefit's Brows a Go Go and Revolution's Tint a Brow gel. 

Eyes: 

  1. Prime eyes using E.l.f Eyelid Primer
  2. Put Buck from the Naked palette in the crease for a transition shade.
  3. From the Revolution Salted Caramel Chocolate Palette I used the matte highlight all over my lid, and later on I will use the shimmery highlight for highlighting the inner corner and my brow bone. 
  4. I am using the NYX Trio in Copper/Rust/Bronze for the warmth in this look.  It is a great trio and very cheap! I got mine in America but you can find NYX in some stores in the UK but also on Amazon. 
  5. So firstly put Rust all over the lid.  
  6. Put Bronze in the crease.  Make sure the blend so there are no harsh lines. 
  7. Then go over Bronze with Copper to give it that gorgeous red tone.  
  8. Keep adding the colours until you are happy with the intensity.  
  9. I then added MAC's Uninterrupted (do I use this eyeshadow enough??) in the crease to add a matte orange hue.  
  10. Using the shimmery highlight from the Revolution palette I highlighted the inner corner but also went into the first part of the lid to brighten the look a bit.  I also took Spoon and place a bit of that in the middle of the lid to add some sparkle that makes the eyes pop.  
  11. Underneath the eye, put MAC's Uninterrupted along the bottom, blend, then put Copper along the outer parts to tie in the top and bottom.  You can go as subtle or as intense on the bottom lash line as you wish.  
  12. Finally, I used NYC Liquid Liner in Black to add a subtle wing, don't make this too intense because the eye look is already bold.  And I used Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Black to tightline my top line, I didn't tightline the bottom.  
  13. Then I covered my top lashes in Covergirl Lash Blash, and my bottom in Covergirl Clump crusher.  That is my favourite bottom lash mascara! 

I filmed a little clip of the look as I thought the actual colours came out much better in video.  Let me know if you like that and I will continue to do that for my makeup looks. 

Then after I had finished the look I thought that Revlon's Balm Stain in Honey would look really cute on the lips, so I added that afterwards.  






So I hope you enjoyed this look, I love it and wear it pretty enough as I think it suits blue eyes well.

Comment down below with any suggestions, or just to say hi, I love talking to you guys :)

Hope you have an AMAZING Christmas tomorrow! I can't wait, going to see the family and drive up in a few hours to spend a few days with the grandparents, but I am taking my laptop so I can finish blogmas with you guys :)

Speak to you tomorrow,
Annabel ♥ 









No comments: