Monday 24 September 2012

Paralympic Superhumans

This year the Paralympics was in London! As I said in my previous post, I was fortunate enough to go see the Olympics.  But I was also lucky enough to go to the Paralympics.  I was able to see the athletics and the closing ceremony.  While watching these events I was in awe of all the athletics performing.  To think they went through, what they went through, and then overcame it and worked hard to achieve something that most of us wouldn't be able to do.  Most of us wouldn't be able to throw 9metres in shot for instance, let alone if we had lost a limb, or lost our sight.  All the Paralympians are so inspiring and I think that London welcomed them all with open arms.

Like in my last post, I am going to show you just a few of the many pictures my sister and I took while we were at the Paralympics. Enjoy! 





Love those little cars


The winner of this division of shot put - in action

The Paralympic Gold Medalist for the high jump.  He also broke the Paralympic record! 

The famous Oscar Pistorious! 

Closing Ceremony - welcoming all the volunteers! 





Closing with a fantastic fireworks display.  An amazing end, to an amazing event.  



No comments: